Your Data and Privacy
We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details regarding the GDPR can be found at the website of the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk). For the purposes of the GDPR, Paint Out will be the data controller for all personal data that we hold about you.
Who we are
How we collect data
In the course of running our business, we will collect personal data from you. This includes data provided when you join our mailing list, register your interest in Paint Out events on our website, attend or participate in one of our events, or enter into a contract with us for the provision of goods or services. This information may be provided when you complete a form on our website or in the course of communications with us including verbally, in writing, by phone, by email or similar means. The personal data collected may include for example:
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
- Bank or Building Society account details
The purposes and lawful basis for collecting your data
We can only use your personal data if we have a reason for doing so. The law only allows your personal data to be used for one or more of these reasons:
- To enter into, or perform, a contract with you;
- To comply with a legal duty;
- When it is in our legitimate interests; or
- When you consent to the use of your personal data
The processing of your personal data for our legitimate interests is undertaken when we have appropriate business or commercial reasons for doing so. However, in these circumstances we will not put our legitimate interests above your interests.
The purposes for collecting your personal data, and the lawful bases for doing so, may include:
- Communicating with you to provide you with the information you have requested. This will only be undertaken in accordance with the consent you have provided. Where we are relying on your consent to provide you with information, you may withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
- Fulfilling orders for goods or services. This is to perform our contractual obligations to you.
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which it was collected.
We do not use your personal data in automated decision making or profiling.
Who has access and why
Access to your personal data is restricted to only those of our staff or those staff of the Crown Point Estate which undertakes our administration duties who have a legitimate reason to use it. We use appropriate procedures and security features to protect your information.
In the absence of any legal requirements, your personal data will only be retained for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. The precise period will depend on the purpose.
Passing on your personal data to third parties
We may share your personal data with subcontractors or service providers where it is necessary to provide services to you. However, in these circumstances the data will be shared under strict requirements on our service providers to keep your data confidential and secure.
Other than as stated above, we will not share information about you with third parties without your consent unless the law allows or requires us to do so.
We will never sell your personal data.
We will not pass your personal data outside of the European Economic Area.
When you visit our office we have CCTV in operation and you may be recorded when you visit. CCTV is used to provide security and to protect you and Paint Out. CCTV will only be viewed when necessary to detect or prevent crime and footage is only stored temporarily. Unless required for review, CCTV footage is recorded over.
Paint Out complies with the Information Commissioner’s Office CCTV Code of Practice. Notices are provided so you know when CCTV is in use.
How you can access and correct your personal data
You can access the information that we hold about you by contacting us at the address below.
You have the right to:
- Receive a copy of all personal information that we hold about you
- Require us to correct your personal information that we hold if it is incorrect or incomplete
- Require us to delete your personal information in certain circumstances
- Require us to stop processing your personal information in certain circumstances
- Object to the use or your personal information in certain circumstances. For example, where you have grounds relating to your particular situation and the basis for the processing of your data is our legal obligations or legitimate interests
- Complain if you think we are not using your personal data in accordance with data protection law.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data we ask that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Please contact us either by email firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone: 01603 493789 or in writing to:
Paint Out Limited
Should we be unable to satisfactorily address your concerns, you have the right to raise your concerns with the Information Commissioner:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113