The dates for the Paint Out Norwich Plein Air juried entry art competition this year are 14-17 October 2018. Submissions for Norwich remain open until our artists’ quota is filled so to have the best chance of being selected please enter at the earliest opportunity. We also have three or four one-day warm-up paintouts in Suffolk and Norfolk, May-Sep (dates TBC).
This year we have a guest selector or two. David Curtis ROI RSMA will be helping to choose the best entries among Oil and Watercolour artists. For mixed media, illustration, drawing, printing & digital media, another selector is in mind. Three judges will decide on the winning paintings in 5 categories to receive awards and commendations from a prize pool worth several £1000s. There are typically around 10-12 prizes available.
You can apply to either the Core 3-4 hour (yes you get an extra hour this year!) events and/or the Nocturne events. If selected, there is a £75 participation fee (5 sessions) or £95 (7 sessions) if you also enter the Nocturne (£30 on its own). There is a £10 jury selection admin fee for new artists only, previously selected artists are not subject to this fee.
To enter, please provide the following information:
- Your name, postal and email address and contact telephone number
- A short biography of around 250 words and CV of any awards, prizes, shows etc.
- 3-5 high-resolution images (300dpi) in either JPG or PNG format, up to 2MB in size each
- A link to your website or a site on which your work is displayed
- Agree to the Rules and Regulations Read the Rules!
- Complete the online application form, paying attention to required fields marked *
- Any issues filling in the form, call 07808 970429 or email for help
Paint Out™ is a multi-faceted event aiming to redefine en plein air art practice. Our core event is the premier juried en plein air competition in the United Kingdom, celebrating the talents of national and international artists to a wide and growing audience in the heart of medieval Norwich and picturesque Norfolk.
James Colman’s Paint Out in association with the Hostry Festival