Paint Out Wells 2016 Painting Festival
The North Norfolk plein air painting and art competition returns in September. This year, the theme is light and time and we plan to paint from sunrise to sunset across the weekend – well, in reverse actually! Some places remain for artists still wanting to enter the Paint Out Wells 2016 art event.
Features & Itinerary
Friday 16 September
- Wells Beach sunset paint out 4-7pm
Saturday 17 September
- Brancaster Staithe & Burnham Market paint outs 9-1pm
- Wells Town paint out 3pm-6pm/4-7pm
- Painting workshop with Michael Richardson, UA on working in changing light and under time pressure, ideal for dawn, dusk, nocturne and weather-conscious artists 3-7pm (open to non-competition artists for a workshop participation fee)
Sunday 18 September
- Wells Quayside sunrise paint out 6-10am (open to public for a small fee)
- Art Exhibition and Sale on the Buttlands 2-7pm
- Pop-up paint out on the Buttlands 3-6pm
Call to Artists
Additional artists are still welcome to join those already signed up, until the week of the competition, itself.
[The cover photo is of Paint Out Norwich 2015 winner- artist Richard Bond‘s watercolour painting of Wells Beach huts titled ‘Red, Blue and Yellow’, during Paint Out Wells 2015]